Valley Recovery Center at Agua Dulce is a trusted, premier treatment center for men struggling with substance abuse. Find out what you need to bring with you as you start your journey of recovery
Valley Recovery Center provides each client with the education and tools necessary to support a successful discharge plan. The treatment team’s role is to assist the client in developing and locating continuing care resources as well as communicating with the client after discharge at regular intervals.
Preparing You for Success in Recovery
How the Continued Care Program Works
- An initial interview by the Case Manager within one week of admission
- Initiate paperwork for disability insurance claims, FMLA, or other required work/state/federal documentation
- Ongoing contact and collaboration with the referring professionals (Substance Abuse Professionals, Union Representatives, Employee Assistance Program, etc.)
- Weekly relapse prevention didactics
- Continue care sessions with the Case Manager to identify resources essential to recovery, including therapy, medical treatment, changes in living arrangement, school and work needs, support groups, etc.
- Identify specific accountability and support systems
- Develop a relapse prevention plan to include early identification of relapse warning signs, relapse prevention tools and support systems to minimize the potential for significant relapse
- Following discharge, weekly supportive contact for the first month, After the first 30 days post-discharge, monthly contact to assess continued care plan compliance and provide support as needed.
- Alumni meetings and community events