Professionals have to learn to juggle so many activities and responsibilities that incorporating drugs and alcohol becomes all too easy. Some individuals use substances to help them calm down after a hard day’s work; others use them to get a boost that helps them continue at the fast pace they expect from themselves.
The extraordinary pressure on people in professional and executive jobs can’t be underestimated, but there are other healthy ways to cope with the stress. Addiction treatment for professionals recognizes and addresses the unique hurdles people in high-powered jobs face. You also benefit from an environment that’s comfortable and meets the expectations of someone who is accustomed to a certain level of home comforts.
The Additional Pressures of Being a Professional
- Being an accredited professional such as a lawyer, doctor, politician, CEO or business owner comes with a lengthy list of responsibilities. You’re in charge of a large number of workers and have people’s futures in your hands. Alcohol and drugs provide a short-term route to easing the psychological strain of this pressure. Unfortunately, in the long term, they only make the emotional burden worse.
- Many professionals have the physical or mental well-being of clients in their hands. The burden of being accountable for people’s lives could cause anyone to turn to substances.
- Working long or antisocial hours is a burden on the mind and body, often leading to a racing mind that’s difficult to switch off at the end of the day. On the other hand, it may lead to using stimulants to stay awake.
- If you’re a health care professional, you’re likely in close proximity to medication. Simply being exposed to drugs regularly significantly increases your chances of misusing them. There is no shame in seeking help, although your profession might lead you to feel less inclined to admit to anyone that you have a problem.
- Some high-pressure jobs might come with a culture where drinking to excess or using drugs is normalized.
What Are the Benefits of Addiction Treatment for Professionals?
One of the biggest advantages of attending a treatment program for professionals is that professionals provide it themselves. Many of the doctors, therapists and nurses have a practical understanding of precisely what you’re going through. Some of the other benefits of an executive treatment program relate to the luxury aspects of these clinics. The rest of them revolve around the elevated level of care you’ll receive.
Cutting-Edge Care From the Best in the Business
While there is usually a higher cost associated with addiction treatment for professionals, this means that the facility is attracting the highest quality medical and support staff. They typically have training in the latest, most effective treatment methods and enjoy working in a modern, cutting-edge environment.
In ordinary rehab centers, clients often share rooms with at least one other person. With an executive rehab program, you have your own room. At the end of a day of residential treatment, you get to relax in a pleasant space and reflect on what you’ve learned in peace and tranquility.
Small Groups for Focused Care
Luxury rehab facilities tend to have a much smaller intake. In some cases, it may be as small as six to eight people at one time. Not only does this let you build strong, family-like bonds with your fellow residents, but you also get much more individual attention and time from the providers of your care.
As someone who takes great pride in their professional achievements, you’re likely to feel extra-protective of your privacy. Professional rehab goes the extra mile to ensure discretion and confidentiality. Often, the setting is tucked away in a beautiful area, out of town, and the clients share a privacy agreement.
When you’ve reached a particular position in your work life, you get used to a higher standard of living. Most professional people’s perception of rehab doesn’t fit into the type of place they’d enjoy or even feel comfortable spending time in. Rehab for executives breaks this mold. You enjoy spending time in a resort-like setting that’s decorated to a high standard and has gym facilities, a pool and much more to help you relax when you’re not attending treatment.
Customized Therapy Depending on Your Needs
A rehab program that’s designed with treating professionals in mind goes to great lengths to assess each client’s needs and create an individualized care plan. Smaller groups mean the doctors and therapists have fewer people to focus on, which lends itself to deeper insights and closer bonds between client and care provider. Additionally, you have access to a broader range of treatment options that are regularly updated according to the latest research.
A Wide Range of Treatment Options
- Individual therapy: One-on-one treatment gives clients the chance to discuss their past experiences and address the causes of addiction with a certified counselor. You’ll work together using techniques such as cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational enhancement therapy, EMDR and trauma therapy to overcome your personal obstacles and develop your coping skills.
- Group therapy: Group therapy is one of the most effective forms of treatment for addiction. You get to share your story with other people going through a similar experience while listening to and empathizing with what they’re going through.
- Experiential therapy: These types of therapy, such as art and music therapy, yoga, meditation and mindfulness, give you alternative methods of releasing stress while putting you in the calm and reflective state of mind necessary to be more receptive to treatment.
- Chef-prepared meals: In a rehab program for professionals, you’ll enjoy three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals each day.
- Gym and game room: Exercise and play are just as important in recovery as therapy. Moving your body is a natural way of releasing feel-good neurotransmitters while conditioning the body to look its best.
Rehab for Professionals in California
There should be no shame attached to admitting you need help, even if your position at work has led to a life of taking the lead. Call Valley Recovery Center today at 866-986-2486 to hear more about luxury rehab for professionals.